Busy Mum Recipes is back for another Monday! Yippee! I am actually loving sharing my favorite fast easy recipes! As well as sharing these awesome recipes with other busy mums and busy families I have these to look back on when ever I am lacking motivation for food!
Some of the links within this post may be affiliate links so I make a small commission at no cost to you! Happy Shopping!
I love this crispy chicken recipe because when your pregnant rice that may have been sitting can be really unsafe for you and your baby. So I got smart about getting my sitting of crispy chicken!
We chatted a little in the last post about how you can avoid that bad feeling towards meals! Don’t forget that you can purchase our A Real Mum NZ meal planner, click the link below!
I am so excited to share this recipe this week, personally I love sushi so not being able to buy store bought sushi during my pregnancy has been really hard! I actually have made both homemade sushi and rice balls and crispy chicken! All of these have turned out amazing and I have loved them! My favorite by far for ease and tase it definitely the crispy chicken recipe!
Again like all of the recipes in this series this recipe has ingredients that you should have in your kitchen which is another reason it is such a fantastic recipe and one of my go too’s!
So without a doubt lets get into this recipe so you can enjoy this crispy chicken to!
The ingredients you need for this recipe are as follows!:
- Chicken – Boneless would be the easiest but I use nibbles or drumsticks as well all the time!
- Breadcrumbs/Almond Meal/ Coat’n’cook – The best things for coating your chicken you can use one or the other or a combination.
- Cooking oil! – To cook the chicken in…
- Eggs or sweet chili sauce- Either of these options can be great to help the breadcrumbs adhere to, it depends what flavor you are after.
- Plain rice – Risotto rice would be the nicest but I have used multiple types of rice and they are all just as good!
- Kewpie Mayo – totally optional you can use any sauces you like but this is by far my favorite one to have on it and you can pair with like sweet chili or anything that tickles your taste buds!
So! Creating healthy easy dinners for busy mums is so important. When you start your day and think about how much you have to do, I’m not sure how often dinner crosses your mind. To be honest today I have no idea what I am going to cook! We are away for a couple of nights in the next while so something easy it probably what’s for dinner tonight! Pregnancy craving at the current stage is cheese toasties! I just want to remind you as long as you get fed no matter what you cook it is ok! I want to make sure the expectation is not that we should be able to show up every night and cook gourmet dinners!
This easy fried chicken recipe is going to offer you with a wonderful comfort food to add to your book of recipes to use again and again! Honestly I call this recipe my fast crispy chicken but I could call it a range of things!
- Easy Battered Chicken
- Easy Crispy Fried Chicken
- Quick and Easy Crispy Fried Chicken
- The Best Easy Fried Crispy Chicken!
It truly is the easiest, best recipe without a doubt! So lets get into the method for this recipe! This recipe does involve hot oil so you need to be careful of that, I generally shallow oil fry and pop a lid over the pan! You can also deep oil fry, this is a super fast way to do it but is very hands on so keep this in mind!
- Warm your oil in the pan place a couple of cm of oil in the bottom, prepare a container, I use a Sistema lunchbox size with a clip on lid, you want to cover the bottom of the container with your chosen coating. Leave the lid off and sit to the side.
- Next you want to start to boil the water, make sure you use hot water into the pot or already boiled jug water so that way you will bring it to the boil far quicker.
- Next you can use thawed or frozen chicken, you need to begin by coating or covering your chicken in the egg or sauce depending what flavor you are going for!
- After coating your chicken you need to place it straight into your prepared container. Place only as much chicken as there is breadcrumbs in the container else it won’t work correctly.
- At this stage follow the instructions on your rice bag to ensure you cook it correctly, add the rice to the boiling water and simmer for 15-20 minutes as a general number!
- Shut the lid to the container tightly and shake the container until the chicken is thoroughly covered. Then place it into the warmed oil being careful! You will need to turn the chicken every couple of minutes to avoid burning, place a lid over when your not turning to avoid having to clean up oil afterwards.
- Smaller pieces of chicken will need to cook for around 10 minutes larger bits may need 12-15 minutes. Preferably use a thermometer to check it is over 90*c in the center. If you don’t have one cutting open the chicken and checking it is cooked is super important! Read This For How To Check It Is Cooked
8. Finish cooking your rice and chicken and that is pretty much it! Plate it up with rice below, if you have used chicken with bones, use a knife and fork to pull off the crispy chicken. Rice first and sprinkle the chicken over top. Place your favorite sauces on top, this dish always… ALWAYS works with kewpie mayo!
9. Share this with your friends. Trust me they will want to try this meal for their families, it is perfect for a quick easy lunch or dinner!
Feel free to check out our other Busy Mum Recipes for more delicious easy meals!
That is all for today! Let me know how your crispy chicken turned out! Did you love it? I’d love to hear from you.