This weeks Busy Mum Recipes is one that I love with ice-cream for dessert, or paired with a healthy yogurt for lunch! It is super versatile, when, and with what you want with it. That is what I love so much about it. So without any more chatting lets get into easy, delicious peach crumble!
There is minimal ingredients in this recipe which is probably why it is one of my faves, you are always likely to have the needed parts of it on hand! Plus it is a recipe you can improvise with…. always a positive on a busy day!
Ingredients: This is for 2 people as a general
(how I make it, you can change it for yourself)
- One can of sliced peaches in juice
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 50grams of butter
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats
- 2tbsp brown sugar
- 2 weetbix
You could take away or add ingredients. You could add things like chocolate chips, almonds, walnuts and coconut! Whatever you enjoy that can help form a crust! You can also substitute out the fruit for any of your favorite cut fruit in juice! This is why this recipe is so easy as canned fruit is easy to buy and you just stick it in there.
Busy mums need recipes that work perfectly for busy mums!
That is the thing about a crumble they really are just so versatile as well as quick to make. You know when its been a long day and you want a quick dessert or maybe a quick sweet, healthy (it has fruit…) lunch!
Things to remember when making any sort of fruit crumble.
- Make sure you follow the butter instructions to your individual recipe carefully. The crumble relies on having the perfect amount of butter to ensure your crumble element isn’t crumbly and dry but also not soggy!!
- Think about your pie-crust ration! AKA don’t make to much topping and drown out the fruit. You want to be able to taste a bit of fruit and a bit of that perfect topping with every bite!
- Used the correct sized dish! Generally something shallow and wide is great for crumble but again think about your ratio’s tp ensure you get a good balance of top and bottom!
How to make this easy crumble: It truly is easy!
- Preheat the oven to 180*c. Add all the dry ingredients together to begin with, flour, oats, brown sugar and weetbix in this case. Make sure you crunch the weetbix up into small flakes! Combine your dry ingredients well!
- Warm the butter, although some people choose to work it in cool with their hands and into the flour, my preferred way is to warm it well so it can just be stirred into the dry ingredients overall.
- Place baking paper in your tray and place the whole tin of fruit straight into the tray, place your crumble mix as evenly as possible on top. Place in the oven! Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy!
The instructions are that simple! Below you can grab our FREE best fruits for crumbles list. Trust me there is some great ideas on there you don’t want to miss it!
I hope your all having a fantastic Monday and that your meal planning is sorted for the week to make life easier! We chatted in my post about easy burgers on my top 5 meal planning tips that make keeping up with dinners 110% easier! If you haven’t already take a look at the other recipes in the series!
If you have any easy recipes you want featured feel free to get in touch!
Let me know how your crumble went in the comments below or head over to my social media and send me a message!! See you next week!